The History of the Chotynia Property
The origins of Chotynia date back to the turn of the 15th and 16th century. The first mention of Chotynia in written documents was found in the inventory of taxes of Stężycki district from 1508. A name Chothynya was mentioned there. At that time, the owner of the village, as well as of many other villages in the area, was Jan Ciołek. Therefore, the origins of this village are referred to the Ciołek family. The history of the Ciołek family goes back to the origins of the Polish state. At the turn of the 16th and 17th century the Gostomski from Gostomia bought the Chotynia property. Chotynia has had many owners. In 1769 the owner was Wojciech Smoliński and, later on, Maciej Grzybowisk. At the turn of the 17th and 19th century it belonged to Katarzyna Potocka from the Parys, and from 1804 the heir of Chotynia was Piotr Paliszewski. Subsequently, the village was bought by Stanisław Graybner.
The Graybner of Lis coat of arms were Warsaw burghers of the German origin. Stanisław Graybner, the first owner of Chotynia from the Graybner family, built a manor house of stone that was a family residence. This is the same historical building that is today Chotynia Manor House.
Stanisław Graybner inherited the manor until 1856. His son, also Stanisław, was born on 1st September 1846 in Chotynia. When Stanisław Junior was 10, his father died. By the time Stanisław Junior came of age, his mother Karolina Graybner from the Pieniążek had inherited and taken up the estate. In 1864 the Chotynia property was enfranchised. The land that belonged to village inhabitants became the property of peasants exploiting this area. The Chotynia farm was all that was left by the manor. Later on, the village and the farm belonged to the municipality of Górno. Stanisław Czesław Graybner inherited the estate until 1869 (according to some other sources even until 1880). He occupied himself with writing; therefore, he did not manage to take care of the Chotynia farm and sold it. Among the subsequent owners of the property at the turn of 19th and 20th century were: Gdal Zalcman, Jan Gąsowski, Józef Żmijewski, and Wincenty Śnieżko-Błocki. After 1894 the owner was the son of Wincenty - Tomasz Mirowski.
According to the description of Chotynia in the late 19th century, Chotynia was inhabited by 316 people in 49 households. The area of the village was around 1121 hectares. After the former owners of Chotynia, there remained a brick manor built in the first half of the 19th century. The manor was rebuilt in the early 20th century and renovated in 1949. Chotynia Manor House is a single-storied classical manor built in bricks on a rectangular plan. It is an 11-axis building with a two-section system and a hipped roof. There is a brick coach-house nearby built in the first half of the 19th century on a rectangular plan. In the village there is also a roadside quadrilateral classical chapel set on the pedestal and built in the first half of the 19th century. The chapel has a gabled sheet roof covered in sheet metal. Inside there is the Eye of Providence (according to some information the monument is dated 1967).
On the edge of this small Chotynia village, the manor was found by a wine connoisseur Jarosław Cybulski who decided to make his dream come true and renovate the building. Today’s recognition and satisfaction of the Chotynia Manor House guests prove that it was worth all the efforts and difficulties by the renovation.